Log in

No account? Create an account
16 January 2005 @ 11:14 pm

There was a party (with music yet!) last night. I really wanted to go. I couldn't seem to wake up.

The party started at 7:30pm. I had set my alarm for 5. I snoozed it and reset it and snoozed it and snoozed it and reset it and slept. Gavi, bless her heart, tried to wake me too. I kindof woke up around 8, ate some cold cereal, went back up to bed and read, fell asleep. Felt almost awake enough to have got up and gone to the party around midnight, decided that was a bit too late, fell back asleep. Awoke around 3:30am, went down and watched WB cartoon DVD on couch for an hour or so. Gave up and went back to bed. Alarm at 8am, had to take Gavi to Hebrew school, got there to discover none on account of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, brought her home, went back to bed. Gavi woke me at 8pm so I could bush her hair. I did so, went back up to read, read Gavi to sleep and read some more, am now downstairs and I think I might finally be awake for a while.

I don't think I can even blame my 10pm to 6am M-F work schedule for this; I think this was just one of my periodic things when not even the Celexa and Ritalin can get me going. I hope I'll be able to be awake when I want to at Confusion next weekend…

Current Mood: sadunhappy
Current Music: Babatunde Olatunji: Love Drum Talk
Coyote's getting bolder: New 'Do!runeshower on January 17th, 2005 07:54 am (UTC)
Whoa. I hope you enjoyed (or at least benefitted from) the sleep. I wonder if the Celexa was partly responsible; it's one of the meds that affects sleep patterns.
Becca Leatherschirosinger on January 17th, 2005 03:27 pm (UTC)
Sorry we missed you but it sounds like you might have needed the extra sleep so might have been a good thing. It turns out with LJ down, we all talked a lot (unusual for a few of us) and then played music later. But we'll have many chances to play this weekened! (Train, train, train.....)
Peter Hentgesjbru on January 17th, 2005 04:40 pm (UTC)
I feel your pain, my friend. I've time-shifted into a weird schedule where I'm awake in the middle of the day (which is cool when it's sunny like it's been of late) and get my sleep in right away when I get home from work (circa 8:00 a.m.) and again after dinner (circa 6:00 p.m.). The downside to this is that I'm more sleepy at night, having just woken up, and I seem to be more prone to "missing" days when I'm not working.
David W. Schrothdavidschroth on January 17th, 2005 06:38 pm (UTC)
Sounds like you're building up your reserves for the train trip (probably not consciously, but hey...)